Dental Assessments and Treatments at Orchard Dental Group
Because we care about our patients, we’d rather prevent a dental condition than treat it. Orchard Dental Group is dedicated to keeping up on current practices using the most effective products available in preventive dental care. We use industry-leading technologies to provide the best-possible care.
Reducing cavities with dental Sealants and Fluoride Treatments
Sealants and fluoride treatments are non-invasive and painless, and they do not require anesthetic. They are simply “painted on” by the dental staff during regular check-ups.
- Sealants keep bacteria out of the grooves of teeth, where cavities often start
- Fluoride varnish applied in our office prevents cavities with less discomfort, less waiting to eat or drink and more effectively than gel applications. It’s safe and effective, even for young preschool patients.
- Anti-bacterial rinses and prescription-strength fluoride gels for use at home may be recommended for patients who are more prone to cavities
Assessing for gum desease
Scientific studies have linked gum disease to heart disease, diabetes and stroke, and potentially low infant birth weight. Every check-up gives us a chance to make sure the signs of gum disease are recognized early and treated appropriately.
- Check gum levels by measuring gum attachment
- Inspect digital images for unfavorable changes
- Monitor receding gums
Linking diet to dental health
Sugar, of course, is linked to tooth decay. The acidity in some foods and beverages can be harmful, too. Orchard dentists can tell you which foods and beverages are potentially harmful and inform you of the risks.
- Increased risk of tooth decay
- Greater susceptibility to gum disease
- Accelerated or exacerbated tooth wear and fractures
Safer, earlier detection through Digital imaging
Our practice uses a state-of-the-art digital imaging system. Digital imaging has three major advantages over conventional, film-based x-rays:
- Much lower exposure to radiation, making it safer for our patients and staff
- Faster and more efficient; you’ll get in and out of the chair faster
- Enables dentists to see more, in greater detail. Through improved diagnostics, we can clearly identify developing problems and determine the most appropriate treatment strategies.
Analyzing risks that may lead to Tooth Wear and Fractures
Orchard dentists use a unique tooth wear and fracture analysis system that helps to identify, at the earliest possible stages, when a patient at risk for a potentially serious (and costly) dental breakdown.
Common causes of excessive tooth wear include:
- Habitual tooth clenching and grinding during the day or night
- Excessive consumption of acidic foods and/or beverages, including soda, juice, citrus fruit and wine
- An unstable bite pattern
- Environmental or occupational exposure to dust or grit
Common causes of tooth fractures include:
- Clenching and grinding teeth during the day or night
- Accidental trauma
- Chewing ice or hard foods excessively
- Large, older fillings that have weakened teeth